Recruitment Period Open for Call to Service Corps Assignments September 11, 2012Posted by servicecorpsnews in Announcements.
Welcome New and Renewing Call to Service Corps Members!
The American Legion Auxiliary is pleased to welcome three new members into the ALA Call to Service Corps. These members entered full-time, full-year service through the AmeriCorps National program, with service starts in August 2012. Welcome aboard!
• Christina Hicks (VISTA), Give an Hour
• Laura Haltom (VISTA), Blue Star Families
• Shelby Mathis (National), Operation Homefront
• Alyssa Meza (VISTA), Student Veterans of America
• Anna Morgan (VISTA), Still Serving Veterans
• Emma Scherer-Mueller (VISTA), Student Veterans of America
• Michelle Vaughn (VISTA), Blue Star Families
• Taylor Yehling (VISTA), The Mission Continues
We also welcome back to the ALA Call to Service Corps for a second term Patricia Godsey (VISTA), who will remain with Still Serving Veterans.
Thank You for Your Service!
The American Legion Auxiliary wishes a fond farewell and best wishes to the following members who completed their service in July. Thank you for your gift of service to your sponsor organizations and to the military and veteran community!
• Kathy Davis (VISTA), Still Serving Veterans
• Jen Jones (VISTA), Community Blueprint Network @ Veterans Innovation Center
• Jenna Londynsky (VISTA), Community Blueprint Network @ Give an Hour
• Blake Lovelace(VISTA), Student Veterans of America
• Morgan Neubert (VISTA), Student Veterans of America
• Joshua Schrier (VISTA), American Legion Auxiliary
• Dru Secrest (VISTA), American Legion Auxiliary
Recruitment Period Open for Call to Service Corps Assignments
ALA and various organizations participating in the ALA Call to Service Corps Consortium are currently recruiting for AmeriCorps VISTA members. Organizations seeking AmeriCorps VISTA members are American Red Cross South Florida Region, Blue Star Families, Code of Support Foundation, Give an Hour, Student Veterans of America, Tennessee’s Community Assistance Corporation, and Veterans Green Jobs.
Please encourage individuals interested in a national service opportunity to apply to a Call to Service Corps position. Direct them to the service opportunity listing section of www.AmeriCorps.gov and enter “Call to Service Corps” as a topic term in the advanced search feature.